Folks, its not hidden a secret that I am a part time Urban Nomad by profession.
What do us Urban Nomads do I hear ya ask?
Simple, we traverse urban settings, admiring cities, architecture, noise, markets, music, people, shops and most importantly, our built environment.
Our activities include but not limited to:
- Finding cool hidden gems, in my case the focus is on architecture and food.
- Chilling in coffee shops and coffee related establishments. We can spend tons of hours in these places.
- Walking in unknown parts of whatever city we happen to be in. We do that to discover new things, but also because it expands our understanding of our environment. It sometimes puts me in trouble. Worth it.
- Our nomadic nature means we cannot get too attached to one city, place or setting. But we often do.
- Running new routes around the city and seeing things at 20 km/hr while your heartbeat is at 100 bpm.
- Attending gigs, going to museums, enriching ourselves culturally.
- Metro/Subway/Tube inspiration
- Finding cool hidden gems when we run of things to do
- Make/be music as you listen to music.
And this brings us nicely to my latest project.
You might have been with me long enough to know about Kay-Ville, District Funk and then Disco Blasphemy. These were awesome shows which were broadcast and had their fun in their sun. Time for something new.
My latest is a no brainer. One of the main accessories of the discerning Urban Nomad is his headphones and music selection. It is highly unusual to find me walking random parts of Paris’s Courbevoie or New York’s Lower East Side without my headphones on, banging tunes, taking it all on.
When I often playback some tunes, it elicits such a strong feeling of a particular setting that I often can no longer but associate that track with that place. And hence my idea – put together tracks I play while hopping about places in one mix and see what that sounds like. And thus ‘The Urban Nomadic Sessions’ is born.
The first session takes us to one my favorite parts of London and where I have so many fond memories, Islington, up Naaarrffff.
Representing N1, N4, N5, N6, N7, N8, N16 and N19, with a silent ode to the gunners! Here we go!
- Grüün – GrüünGrüünGrüüün
- Deetron Feat. Ovasoul7 – Out Of My Head (Dub)
- Roman Flügel – More & More
- Aaron FIT Siegel – Tonite (DD Mix)
- Rachel Row – Follow The Step (KiNK Mix)
- Doc Daneeka – Everyday
- B.G. Baarregaard – Tocame
- Olivier Giacomotto – Together
- Martijn – Strada 23
- Flori – SU-3150
- Moodymanc – Joy (Ralph Lawson Dub)
- Dave Seaman – Private Education
- JC Williams – Need No More (NY Stomp Remix)
- Koelle, Elli – All You Got (Richard Seaborne Dub)
- Prok & Fitch – One Of These Days
- P A U L I E – Spread Love (Holmes Price Remix)
- Climbers Feat. Yasmine Azaiez – Left Your Love (Director’s Cut Signature Mix)
- Jacob Bech – The Kibosh
- Pablo Bolivar – Destination Novgorod
- Softwar – Believe
- NY’s Finest – I Can’t Wait Till Tonight
- James Welsh – Horse Fight
- JimmyTheTwin – Party Down
- Surrealism – So Much
- Matthew Collins – Nobody’s Fool (Young Hand Remix)
- System Of Survial – Iper Island
- Jesse Rose – Alone
- Benoit & Sergio – House With 500 Rooms (Dub)
- Sasse – Flushing Meadows (Mark E Remix)
- Jens Bond – Two Seconds Of Silence
- Chamboche – Into The Murk
- Phil Weeks – Stay Stayin
- Daniel Steinberg – 1981
- Dalson – Back Home
- Joe Morris – Elysium
- P. Laoss – Play My Music
- White Wolf Worx – MFED
- System Of Survial – Shaking Slow
- B.G. Baarregaard – C.R.A.Z.Y
- Alkalino – Have A Ball
- Crazy P – Cruel Mistress (Ron Basejam Remix)
- The Groovers – Make Me Feel
- 78 Edits – Don’t You Know
- Mario Basanov – More For The Less (Pablo Bolivar & Maurice Aymard Remix)
- Closed Paradise, Tesla Boy, Sasha Anastasov – The Daulphin
- Martijn – Sestriere
- The Groovers – Where You BelongB